Lord of Raventree
|Lord of Raventree|
|Office||Ruler of Raventree Hall|
|Current Holder||Lord Tytos Blackwood|
Lord Roderick Blackwood led a rebellion against Humfrey I Teague, King of the Rivers and the Hills, when Humfrey attempted to suppress worship of the old gods. Roderick's son-in-law, King Arlan III Durrandon, led a stormlander host to help Lord Roderick. Roderick died during the campaign and House Teague was extinguished in the Battle of Six Kings, allowing the Storm King to add the riverlands to the domain of House Durrandon.
Three centuries later, control of the riverlands passed to Harwyn Hoare, King of the Iron Islands, after he defeated Arlan's descendant, King Arrec Durrandon. Lady Agnes Blackwood and her sons marched against King Harwyn's ironborn, but they were attacked from behind by her rival, Lord Lothar Bracken, and killed by Harwyn after the battle.
In 79 AC, Queen Alysanne Targaryen made preparations for the betrothal of her daughter, Princess Daella Targaryen to Lord Blackwood's son, Royce Blackwood. Daella became afraid when she learned the Blackwoods worshiped the old gods, however, and the betrothal was called off.
Lord Samwell Blackwood and his son Benjicot supported the blacks during the Dance of the Dragons. Young Bloody Ben Blackwood, Lord Elmo Tully, and Ser Oscar Tully were called the Lads by their men. After the war Lord Benjicot organized, with the help of his aunt Alysanne, a Widow Fair at Raventree. During the reign of King Aegon III Targaryen, Benjicot and a thousand Blackwood men supported Ser Robert Rowan's campaign to end the civil war in the Vale of Arryn; Benjicot and Lord Alyn Velaryon eventually forced the other claimants to accept Joffrey Arryn as Lord of the Eyrie.
A Game of Thrones
Lord Tytos Blackwood fights in the battle under the walls of Riverrun, leading the remnants of the riverlands force back within the walls of the castle. During the Battle of the Camps, he leads a sortie which takes the middle Lannister camp in the rear and rescues Ser Edmure Tully. He joins the other river lords in declaring Robb Stark to be King in the North.
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
Lord Tytos stays loyal to the Stark cause, despite Robb's death in the Red Wedding. He is besieged in his own castle by his rival, Lord Jonos Bracken, who has bent the knee to King Joffrey I Baratheon.
A Dance with Dragons
Ser Jaime Lannister arrives at Blackwood Vale to resolve the siege of Raventree, as Tytos refuses to surrender to Jonos despite running low on supplies. Tytos agrees to give up some land to House Bracken, although less than Jonos desired, and to send some gold and silver to the Iron Throne. Tytos convinces Jaime to take one of his sons, Hoster, as a hostage, rather than his only daughter, Bethany.
Known Lords and Ladies of Raventree Hall
- Lord Roderick Blackwood
- A son who succeeded him.
- Lady Agnes Blackwood
- A son who succeeded her.
- Unnamed Lord Blackwood ruling during the Conquest.
- Unnamed Lord Blackwood ruling in 79 AC, father of Royce Blackwood.
- Unnamed Lord Blackwood ruling in 101 AC, present at the Great Council.
- Unnamed Lord Blackwood ruling in 112 AC, father of Samwell and Alysanne Blackwood.
- Lord Quentyn Blackwood
- Unnamed Lord Blackwood ruling in 212 AC, who was part of the army taken to Whitewalls by Brynden Rivers.
- Unnamed Lord Blackwood ruling in 220 AC, father of Betha Blackwood.
- Lord Tytos Blackwood, the current Lord of Raventree.
- A Game of Thrones, Appendix.
- A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 48, Jaime I.
- The Princess and the Queen.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - Rhaenyra Triumphant.
- Fire & Blood, Aftermath - The Hour of the Wolf.
- Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - The Hooded Hand.
- A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aegon V.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Riverlands.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Reign of the Dragons: The Conquest.
- Fire & Blood, The Long Reign - Jaehaerys and Alysanne: Policy, Progeny, and Pain.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Jaehaerys I.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - The Red Dragon and the Gold.
- Fire & Blood, Aftermath - The House of the Wolf.
- Fire & Blood, The Lysene Spring and the End of Regency.
- The Hedge Knight.
- The Mystery Knight.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 56, Tyrion VII.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 69, Tyrion IX.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 71, Catelyn XI.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 7, Catelyn I.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 35, Catelyn IV.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 51, Catelyn VII.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 44, Jaime VII.
- Fire & Blood, Heirs of the Dragon - A Question of Succession.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - A Son for a Son.