Seven hells are possible afterlives preached by septons in the Faith of the Seven. The religion also believes in seven heavens. People of Westeros often refer to "seven hells" as an expletive.
The seven hells were created by the gods as places of punishment and torment for sinners who do not repent of their sins, and each is deeper than the last. The condemned can burn in seven hells, which are believed to be hot instead of frozen. Some of the seven hells have black pits.
Seven bloody hells. I hate fires.
Bonifer: If it is Sandor Clegane that we encounter, what would you have me do?
Jaime: Send him to join his beloved brother and be glad the gods made seven hells. One would never be enough to hold both of the Cleganes.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 52, Daenerys IX.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 25, Eddard V.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 52, Arya XI.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 27, Jaime III.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 30, Jaime IV.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 55, Catelyn VII.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 39, Eddard X.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 34, Arya VI.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 38, Arya VIII.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 61, The Griffin Reborn.
- Fire & Blood, Aftermath - The Hour of the Wolf.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 32, Arya III.
- The Sworn Sword.
- Fire & Blood, Jaehaerys and Alysanne - Their Triumphs and Tragedies.
- The World of Ice & Fire, Ancient History: The Doom of Valyria.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - Rhaenyra Triumphant.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 47, Arya IX.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 70, Tyrion X.