Dark Sister is a famous Valyrian steel longsword, one of two ancestral swords of House Targaryen (the other being Blackfyre). Dark Sister was wielded by at least one woman during its history and may have been forged for a woman warrior originally as its slender blade is designed for a woman's hand. The sword is last known to have been wielded by Brynden Rivers.
- Queen Visenya Targaryen, King Aegon I Targaryen's elder sister, and wife.
- Queen Alyssa Velaryon, who stole it after the death of Dowager Queen Visenya.
- Prince Daemon Targaryen.
- Prince Aemon Targaryen, the Dragonknight.
- Lord Brynden Rivers, also known as Bloodraven.
It is unknown whether Bloodraven was allowed to take the sword with him when he was sent to the Night's Watch. The sword's current whereabouts have as yet not been revealed.
Quotes about Dark Sister
|“||She has a thirst for blood.||”|
References and Notes
- ↑ So Spake Martin: More Targaryen Descriptions (December 24, 2005)
- ↑ The World of Ice and Fire, The Reign of the Dragons: The Conquest.
- ↑ The World of Ice and Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aegon I.
- ↑ The World of Ice and Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Maegor I.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The Rogue Prince.
- ↑ The Princess and the Queen.
- ↑ The World of Ice and Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Viserys I.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 The Sworn Sword.
- ↑ The World of Ice and Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Viserys II.