|| To Do |
This page requires multiple additional sources
Espionage or spying involves a spy ring made up of individuals obtaining information considered secret or confidential without the permission of the holder of the information in order to benefit from that information, especially when playing the game of thrones. The chief spy is called a spymaster. In Westeros the master of whisperers is the king's spymaster. Spymasters and their spies are sometimes called "spiders".
- Ser Jorah Mormont - spied on Daenerys Targaryen for Varys, informing on her since she wed Khal Drogo, until she left Qarth
- Jon Snow – ordered by Qhorin Halfhand to yield if they were caught by wildlings in order to act as a spy.
- Senelle - Taena of Myr reveals that Cersei Lannister’s maid is spying on her for Margaery Tyrell.
- Theon Greyjoy – ordered to spy on Roose Bolton by his son Ramsay Snow, however Roose is aware of this
- The Bastard's Boys - tasked by Roose Bolton with spying on Ramsay Snow on behalf of the Lord of the Dreadfort.
- Osmund Kettleblack, Osney Kettleblack and Osfryd Kettleblack - provided Bronn with information about Cersei Lannister's moves. In turn their loyalties actually lie with Petyr Baelish.
- Several of Wyman Manderly's servants and two knights bribed by Symond Frey to spy on the Lord of White Harbor
|“||Quentyn had begun to think that they might have done better to buy their own ship in the Planky Town. That would have drawn unwanted attention, however. The Spider had informers everywhere, even in the halls of Sunspear.||”|
|“||Wait, I say. Gather our power, win some small lords to our cause, let Lysono Maar dispatch his spies to learn what we can learn of our foes.||”|
|“||Did you truly expect me to believe you were about the queen's business in that whorehouse? Defending her from half a world away? Or could it be that you were running, that your dragon queen sent you from her side? But why would she … oh, wait, you were spying on her.||”|
|“||Sour Alyn, Luton, Skinner, and the rest, where does he think they came from? Can he truly believe they are his men?||”|
|“||Lower your voice, fool. You should not even jape about such things. You never know who could be listening. The Spider has ears everywhere.||”|
|“||If Hizdahr has his own Spider, I am as good as dead.||”|
References and Notes
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 12, Eddard II.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 71, Daenerys VI.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 68, Jon VIII.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 29, Tyrion VII.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 12, Cersei III.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 5, Tyrion II.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 32, Reek III.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 41, Tyrion IX.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 52, Sansa IV.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 46, A Ghost in Winterfell.
- ↑ The Rogue Prince.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Viserys I.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 6, The Merchant's Man.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 61, The Griffin Reborn.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 40, Tyrion IX.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Prologue.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 67, The Kingbreaker.