House of Loraq
The House of Loraq is one of the slaving families of Meereen. They are an ancient line that has produced many famous figures, the latest being the fourteenth Hizdahr zo Loraq, King of Meereen.
A Dance with Dragons
When several Meereenese ships join the blockade of Meereen, Skahaz mo Kandaq presents Daenerys Targaryen a list with the names of the Meereenese captains and which families they belong too. The House of Loraq is among the names.
While in Daznak's Pit Daenerys Targaryen sees members of the House of Loraq occupying the red and orange benches. The women are veiled, and the men have their hair brushed and lacquered into horns and hands and spikes, the classic manner of Ghiscari men. Dany notes that Hizdahr's kin of the ancient line of Loraq seem to favour tokars of purple and indigo and lilac.
House of Loraq at the end of the third century
The known Loraq during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Hizdahr zo Loraq, King of Meereen, Scion of Ghis, Octarch of the Old Empire, Master of the Skahazadhan, Consort to Dragons, Blood of the Harpy
- Two bastard children, a boy and a girl.
- Marghaz zo Loraq, commander of the Brazen Beasts.
- Bhakaz zo Loraq, one of the queen's cupbearers.
- Mazdhan zo Loraq, the Magnificent.
- Hazrak zo Loraq, the Handsome.
- Zharaq zo Loraq, the Liberator