© Fantasy Flight Games
|Alias(es)||Guyard the Green|
|Born||In or between 278 AC and 283 AC, at Crows Nest|
|Died||In 299 AC, at King's Landing|
A Clash of Kings (appears)|
A Dance with Dragons (appendix)
A Clash of Kings
Guyard is part of Renly Baratheon's army encamped beneath Bitterbridge, and a member of the Rainbow Guard, Renly's equivalent of the Kingsguard. After the parley between the brothers Renly and Stannis Baratheon beneath the walls of Storm's End, Guyard asks for command of the vanguard in the imminent battle between the two forces, but is passed over in favor of Loras Tyrell. When Renly is murdered within his tent before the battle, Guyard is not present.
After Renly's death, Guyard goes over to Stannis. He is present beneath the walls of Storm's End for the parley with Cortnay Penrose. When Stannis' army approaches King's Landing, Guyard is given command of the vanguard. During the Battle of the Blackwater, he is slain by Renly's ghost, who was actually Garlan Tyrell in Renly's armor.
- See the Guyard Morrigen calculation.
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, "Guyard Morrigan".
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 31, Catelyn III.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 33, Catelyn IV.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 42, Davos II.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 52, Sansa IV.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 62, Sansa VII.