Lord of White Harbor
When House Manderly was driven from the Reach by the Gardener Kings, they fled north. The Starks of Winterfell welcomed them as their own bannermen and awarded them the Wolf's Den. With their southron wealth, the House Manderly constructed the city of White Harbor and further developed it over the centuries that followed.
A Game of Thrones
A Clash of Kings
A Dance with Dragons
Lord Wyman Manderly orders Davos Seaworth to be imprisoned after arriving at White Harbor to treat in favor of Stannis Baratheon, a claimant to the Iron Throne. Wyman later reveals his intentions to betray House Lannister and king upon the Iron Throne to Davos. When Wyman travels from White Harbor to Barrowton, his three guests from House Frey disappear while en route, after they had decided to ride ahead. Although Wyman acts distraught, some suspect him of foul play.
Wyman accompanies the Boltons from Barrowton to Winterfell. Tension runs high within the castle walls following numerous murders. Wyman is attacked by Hosteen Frey after Hosteen's young nephew Walder is found dead.
Lords of White Harbor
- Lord Theomore Manderly, betrothed to Princess Viserra Targaryen, a daughter of King Jaehaerys I Targaryen, until her accidental death.
- Lord Desmond Manderly, Theomore's great-grandson. The head of House Manderly during the Dance of the Dragons.
- Lord Medrick Manderly, Desmond's eldest son, who became Lord of White Harbor after the death of his father from Winter Fever. He died of the same disease four days later.
- Lord Torrhen Manderly, Desmond's second son. He served King Aegon III Targaryen first as regent and later as Hand of the King during the king's regency.
- Lord Wyman Manderly, the Lord of White Harbor during the reign of King Robert I Baratheon.
- Lord Marshal of the Mander
- Defender of the Dispossessed
- Shield of the Faith
- Warden of the White Knife
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 19, Davos III.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 9, Davos I.
- The Sworn Sword.
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, White Harbor.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 55, Catelyn VIII.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 16, Bran II.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 29, Davos IV.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 32, Reek III.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 51, Theon I.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Jaehaerys I.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - A Son for a Son.
- Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - The Hooded Hand.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aegon III.
- Fire & Blood, The Lyseni Spring and the End of Regency.
- A Game of Thrones, Appendix.