Lord of the Iron Islands
Lord of the Iron Islands is the hereditary title held by the ruler of the Iron Islands since Aegon's Conquest. The title appears to be equivalent to Lord Paramount of the Mander, Lord Paramount of the Stormlands, and Lord Paramount of the Trident.
House Hoare, which ruled as King of the Isles and the Rivers, was destroyed during the burning of Harrenhal. After defeating claimants who refused to kneel, King Aegon I Targaryen allowed the surviving ironborn to choose who would lead them. Lord Vickon of House Greyjoy was chosen.
Known Lords of the Iron Islands
- Lord Vickon Greyjoy, elected Lord of the Iron Islands after the death of Harren the Black.
- Lord Goren Greyjoy, Vickon's heir and successor.
- Unnamed Lord Greyjoy, succedded by his son Dalton after his death in 128 AC.
- Lord Dalton Greyjoy, Lord of the Iron Islands during the Dance of the Dragons.
- Lord Toron Greyjoy
- Lord Alton Greyjoy, called the Holy Fool.
- Lord Torwyn Greyjoy, who betrayed Bittersteel.
- Lord Loron Greyjoy, a friend of Ser Desmond Mallister.
- Lord Dagon Greyjoy, Lord of the Iron Islands during the reign of Aerys I Targaryen.
- Lord Quellon Greyjoy, Dagon's grandson.
- Lord Balon Greyjoy, who declared himself King of the Iron Islands