|House Blackmont of Blackmont|
|Coat of arms|| A black vulture with a pink infant in its claws, on yellow|
(Or, a vulture volant sable clutching an infant carnation)
|Current Lord||Lady Larra Blackmont|
Their blazon is a black vulture with a pink infant in its claws on yellow. Their words do not appear in the books.
King Benedict Blackmont was defeated in Nymeria's War and was one of the six kings sent to the Wall by Nymeria. The Blackmonts also unsuccessfully supported House Yronwood against House Nymeros Martell during the war.
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
House Blackmont at the end of the third century
The known Blackmonts during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Lady Larra Blackmont, Lady of Blackmont.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 38, Tyrion V.
- ↑ George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Blackmont.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Queer Customs of the South.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Coming of the Rhoynar.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Ten Thousand Ships.
- ↑ So Spake Martin: US Signing Tour (Madison, WI), November 14, 2005
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire.