From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
art by InTheArmsOfUndertow
|Book(s)|| The Hedge Knight (Mentioned)|
A Game of Thrones (Mentioned)
A Clash of Kings (Mentioned)
A Feast for Crows (Mentioned)
A Dance with Dragons (Mentioned)
Nymeria was a warrior queen and a Princess of the Rhoynar. After the Rhoyne was conquered by Valyria, Nymeria led the Rhoynar to Dorne, where she took Lord Mors Martell as her husband. House Nymeros Martell has ruled Dorne since.
Nymeria ruled in Ny Sar, where she had a palace. When the Valyrian Freehold conquered the Rhoyne with their dragons, Nymeria led the surviving Rhoynar into exile from Essos. For a time Nymeria and her refugees lived on Abulu, one of the Summer Islands now known as the Isle of Women.
The warrior queen then brought ten thousand ships across the narrow sea to the shores of Dorne in southern Westeros. She struck an alliance with House Martell of Sunspear, taking Lord Mors as her husband and burning the Rhoynar fleet. The Martell-Rhoynar alliance conquered the rest of Dorne. Nymeria sent six defeated Dornish kings to join the Night's Watch.
A Game of Thrones
A Feast for Crows
|“||She burned as bright as any man, and so shall I.||”|
References and Notes
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Game of Thrones, Appendix.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Isle of Women" entry in A World of Ice and Fire
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 14, Tyrion.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 7, Arya.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 6, The Merchant's Man (Quentyn I).
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 50, Daenerys.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 15, Samwell.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 40, Princess In The Tower.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 21, The Queenmaker.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 22, Arya.