|House Vaith of the Red Dunes|
|Coat of arms||
Three black leopards standing on a yellow pile on orange|
(Tenné, on a pile or three leopards statant sable)
|Current Lord||Daeron Vaith|
|Title||Lord of the Red Dunes|
House Vaith of the Red Dunes is a Dornish noble house. Their seat, also named Vaith, is placed on the river with the same name. West of Vaith are the deep sands of Dorne; the head of House Vaith has the title Lord of the Red Dunes.
Neither their arms nor words appear in the books, but according to a semi-canon source they blazon their shield with three black leopards standing on a yellow pile on orange.
During the War of Conquest, Queen Rhaenys Targaryen flew upon Meraxes to Vaith but found the castle abandoned. During the First Dornish War, Lord Harlen Tyrell and his army marched from the Hellholt to capture Vaith, but they disappeared in the sands.
Cassella Vaith was the third mistress of King Aegon IV Targaryen. Old Lady Vaith was reportedly mad during the reign of King Aerys I Targaryen, though according to Egg, Ser Duncan the Tall could have been more courteous in what he said to her.
A Feast for Crows
House Vaith at the end of the third century
The known Vaiths during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Lady Cassella Vaith, the third mistress of King Aegon IV Targaryen. She was encountered by Ser Duncan the Tall and his squire Egg during the reign of either King Daeron II Targaryen or King Aerys I Targaryen.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 21, The Queenmaker.
- A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses from Dorne
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Andals Arrive.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Conquest.
- The World of Ice & Fire, Dorne Against the Dragons.
- The World of Ice & Fire, Aegon IV.
- The Sworn Sword.
- Depending on whether Dunk and Egg got Vaith before King Daeron's death.