Lord of Riverrun
After having supported King Tristifer IV Mudd in many of his battles, Ser Edmure Tully went over to the Andal Armistead Vance. Vance granted Edmure's son Axel lands at the juncture of the Red Fork and the Tumblestone, where Axel build his seat of Riverrun.
A Storm of Swords
After years of illness, Lord Hoster Tully dies, and his son Edmure inherits Riverrun. Edmure travels to the Twins to marry Roslin Frey, but the wedding turns out to be a trap, as Edmure is taken captive after the bedding, and his sister Catelyn and king Robb Stark are slain.
A Feast for Crows
Edmure's wife Roslin Frey is pregnant, and prays for a daughter, since giving birth to a son could mean Edmure's execution. Riverrun is still being held by Edmure's uncle, Ser Brynden Tully, and soon finds itself besieged. Ser Ryman Frey threatens to hang Edmure if Riverrun is not surrendered, and makes Edmure stand at the gallows every day, but fails to make good on his threats. After months of siege, Ser Jaime Lannister of the Kingsguard arrives, giving Edmure the chance to peacefully surrender the castle, which he eventually does.
Lords of Riverrun
The known Lords of Riverrun are:
- Lord Axel Tully, the first Lord of Riverrun.
- Lord Elston Tully, Lord of Riverrun during the reign of Humfrey I Teague.
- Lord Tommen Tully, a supporter of Agnes Blackwood against Harwyn Hoare.
- Lord Edmyn Tully, named the first Lord Paramount of the Trident following Aegon's Conquest
- Lord Grover Tully, the aged Lord of Riverrun during the outbreak of the Dance of the Dragons, who wished to support Aegon II Targaryen but was defied by his grandson.
- Lord Elmo Tully, Grover's grandson, who declared for Rhaenyra Targaryen during the Dance of the Dragons. Elmo died forty-nine days after his grandfather.
- Lord Kermit Tully, Elmo's son, who brought House Tully to the height of their power.
- Lord Medgar Tully, who died within two years of the tourney at Ashford Meadow in 209 AC.
- Medgar's young son[N 1]
- Unknown Lord[N 2], father of Hoster and Brynden.
- Lord Hoster Tully, died of illness in 299 AC.
- Lord Edmure Tully, taken captive shortly after his father's death, stripped of his titles for participating on the side of Robb Stark during the War of the Five Kings.
- Lord Emmon Frey, granted Riverrun by the Iron Throne, but not named as Lord Paramount of the Trident.
- Celia Tully is known to be the daughter of the Lord of Riverrun ruling in 237 AC (The World of Ice and Fire, Targaryen Kings: Aegon V), this Lord Tully is either Medgar's son or Hoster's father.
- Based on Walder Frey's year of birth (208 AC) and his statement regarding having survived four Lords of Riverrun, with Lord Edmure Tully being the fifth he has known (A Game of Thrones, Catelyn VI), Medgar would be the first of the five, his son the second, and Hoster the fourth, indicating that one more Lord of Riverrun ruled between them: Hoster's father.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Riverlands: House Tully.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 35, Catelyn IV.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 51, Catelyn VII.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 53, Tyrion VI.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 71, Daenerys VI.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 33, Jaime V.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 38, Jaime VI.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 44, Jaime VII.
- Fire & Blood, The Riverlands.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Riverlands.
- The Hedge Knight, graphic novel edition.
- The Sworn Sword.
- A Game of Thrones, Appendix.