River Row is a street along the eastern wall in between the King's Gate and the River Gate. Sea captains, fishmongers and others with interest in the harbor live in this street. Inns can be found there.
Princess Viserra Targaryen visited the inns of Eel Alley with her companions for "one last night of laughter" before being sent to White Harbor and marry old Lord Theomore Manderly. She died later that night in a drunken horse race.
During the Dance of the Dragons, violent riots occured in the capital, Ser Torrhen Manderly led a sortie from the Red Keep down the Hook with his northmen to try to stop the rioteers. When they arrived to the Fishmonger's Square and the River Row, the place was swarming with Ser Perkin the Flea’s gutter knights. Ser Torrhen lost a quarter of his men fighting his way back to the Red Keep.
A Clash of Kings
- The Lands of Ice and Fire, King's Landing.
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire.
- Fire & Blood, The Long Reign - Jaehaerys and Alysanne: Policy, Progeny, and Pain.
- The Princess and the Queen.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - Rhaenyra Overthrown.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 59, Tyrion XIII.