Captain of the Guards
|Allegiance|| House Egen|
|Born||In or between 249 AC and 253 AC|
|Died||In 298 AC, at the Eyrie|
|Book(s)|| A Game of Thrones (appears)|
A Clash of Kings (mentioned)
A Storm of Swords (mentioned)
|Played by||Brendan McCormack|
|TV series||Season 1|
Ser Vardis Egen is a knight of House Egen and captain of the household guard at the Eyrie. He has at least one young son. In the television adaptation Game of Thrones he is played by Brendan McCormack.
Appearance and Character
- See also: Images of Vardis Egen
Vardis is heavily built, with a square, plain face, and silver hair. He is humorless.
A Game of Thrones
Ser Vardis greets Lady Catelyn Stark upon her arrival at the Eyrie. He is present when Tyrion Lannister demands a trial by combat to demonstrate his innocence in the death of Lord Jon Arryn. Vardis is chosen as the champion for House Arryn by Lady Lysa Arryn. He comes to the trial dressed in his mail. It makes him slow and clumsy, however, and Bronn, Tyrion's champion, kills Vardis easily.
Quotes about Vardis
|“||Ser Vardis Egen, you were ever my lord husband’s good right hand. You shall be our champion.||”|
References and Notes
- ↑ See the Vardis Egen calculation.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 40, Catelyn VII.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 68, Sansa VI.
- ↑ Vardis Egen article on the Game of Thrones Wikia
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 38, Tyrion V, p 404.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 34, Catelyn VI.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 38, Tyrion V, p 408.