A khas is, according to a semi-source, a personal guard within a khalasar of the Dothraki. The men of a khas might protect a ko or a khaleesi. According to David J. Peterson, khas is an abbreviation of the full word, khasar.
A Game of Thrones
Khal Drogo assigns young archers to the khas of his khaleesi, Daenerys Targaryen. When she visits the Western Market of Vaes Dothrak, Daenerys is protected by four young men and Ser Jorah Mormont.
When Drogo's khalasar attacks a town of the Lhazareen, Daenerys has her khas stop women from being raped, and the khaleesi claims the women as her own slaves so they can be be protected. Mago, a warrior who serves in the khas of Ko Jhaqo, objects to Daenerys's actions.
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Aggo.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 61, Daenerys VII.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 23, Daenerys III.
- Dothraki Wiki, Vocabulary
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 54, Daenerys VI.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 64, Daenerys VIII.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 72, Daenerys X.