Lord Tully (successor of Medgar)
|Alias||Young Lord Tully|
|Born||In 202 AC or 203 AC|
|Died||In 212–273 AC|
|Issue||Celia Tully (possibly)[N 1]|
Lord Tully was the Lord of Riverrun and the head of House Tully during the reign of King Aerys I Targaryen.
Lord Tully became the head of his house after the death of Lord Medgar Tully when he was still a boy. At the start of his rule, the boy lord was surrounded by women. This period saw the renewal of the ancestral feud between the Blackwoods of Raventree Hall and the Brackens of Stone Hedge. Since Lord Bracken was dying and his belligerent second son, Ser Otho Bracken was set to inherit, tensions grew. The fact that Otho had killed Lord Quentyn Blackwood in a tourney a few years back and earned the nickname of the "Brute of Bracken" only worsen the situation. Septon Sefton speculated their young liege lord would do little to inforce a peace between the bitter neighbors.
He was invited to the wedding of his bannerman, Lord Ambrose Butterwell of Whitewalls, to a daughter of Lord Frey of the Twins, but did not attend it. The guests toasted him at the wedding feast.
He was eventually succeeded as Lord of Riverrun and Lord Paramount of the Trident by the father of Hoster Tully.[N 2]
His relation to his predecessor and successor, Medgar and the father of Hoster Tully respectively,[N 2] is unknown. Either he or his successor was the father of Celia Tully.[N 1]
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Celia Tully was the daughter of the ruling Lord of Riverrun when she was betrothed to Prince Jaehaerys Targaryen from 237 AC to 240 AC (The World of Ice and Fire, Targaryen Kings: Aegon V). Given the succession of House Tully during the third century after Aegon's Conquest, this Lord Tully can only be either Medgar's successor or the father of Hoster.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Based on Walder Frey's year of birth (208 AC, see Walder Frey) and his statement regarding having survived four Lords of Riverrun, with Lord Edmure Tully being the fifth he has known (A Storm of Swords, Catelyn VI). Medgar would be the first of the five, his successor the second, and Hoster the fourth, indicating that one more Lord of Riverrun ruled between them. This Lord Tully was Hoster's father, as he is known to have rule Riverrun before Hoster (A Storm of Swords, Catelyn IV).
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Mystery Knight.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 See the Lord Tully (successor of Medgar) calculation.
- ↑ The Hedge Knight.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The Sworn Sword.