|Title||Commander of the Mother's Men|
Marselen and his three siblings were captured in their native island of Naath by raiders from the Basilisk Isles, and sold into slavery in Astapor. His sister Missandei was trained as a scribe, but Marselen and his two brothers were gelded and trained by the Good Masters to be Unsullied. Marselen and Mossador survived the harsh training, but their other brother did not.
A Storm of Swords
Marselen is purchased with the rest of the Unsullied by Daenerys Targaryen, and then freed. When Daenerys tells the Unsullied to abolish the practice of choosing a new name every day, Marselen goes back to his birth name.
A Dance with Dragons
Marselen's and Missandei's brother Mossador is killed in Meereen by the Sons of the Harpy. Marselen remains Missandei's only living brother. When three free companies are formed of freemen, Marselen helps train the Mother's Men, and is named their commander.
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Marselen.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 11, Daenerys II.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 27, Daenerys III.
- A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 16, Daenerys III.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 36, Daenerys VI.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 67, The Kingbreaker.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 70, The Queen's Hand.