|Born||In 250 AC, at Casterly Rock|
|Died||In or after 285 AC|
|Spouse||Lady Darlessa Marbrand|
The World of Ice & Fire (mentioned)|
A Game of Thrones (appendix)
A Clash of Kings (mentioned)
A Storm of Swords (mentioned)
A Feast for Crows (mentioned)
A Dance with Dragons (mentioned)
Born as the fourth of Lord Tytos Lannister's children by Lady Jeyne Marbrand, Tygett was the third of four brothers. Tyg always felt he was living in the shadow of his eldest brother, Tywin, with whom he always had a difficult relationship.
Tygett fought in the War of the Ninepenny Kings in 260 AC, killing a man during his first battle and three more later in the war, including a knight of the Golden Company. Although Tywin and Kevan earned knighthood from the war, ten-year-old Tygett was too young to earn his spurs. His courage and skill was remarked upon, however. According to a semi-canon source, Tygett served as a squire when Tywin suppressed the revolt of Houses Tarbeck and Reyne in 261 AC. Tygett was eventually knighted.
By 270 AC, King Aerys II Targaryen had come to disregard Tywin, his Hand of the King. When Tywin tried to name Tygett as the master-at-arms at the Red Keep, the king instead chose Ser Willem Darry.
A Clash of Kings
A Feast for Crows
It was hard for all my brothers. That shadow Tywin cast was long and black, and each of them had to struggle to find a little sun. Tygett tried to be his own man, but he could never match your father, and that just made him angrier as the years went by.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 33, Jaime V.
- See the Tygett Lannister calculation
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Tygett Lannister.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 41, Tyrion IX.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aerys II.
- The World of Ice & Fire: The Westerlands (unabridged). georgerrmartin.com
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Westerlands: House Lannister Under the Dragons.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 5, Tyrion II.
- A Game of Thrones, Appendix.
- A Clash of Kings, Appendix.