Lord of Winterfell|
Warden of the North
|Born||In ~185–214 AC|
|Died||In 226 AC, at Long Lake|
1st: Lady Lyanne Glover|
2nd: Lady Melantha Blackwood
The World of Ice & Fire (mentioned)|
A Clash of Kings (mentioned)
Willam first married Lyanne Glover and had one child with her, Brandon. Lyanne died while giving birth to Brandon. Nan came to Winterfell to be Brandon's wet nurse. Brandon died at age three of a summer chill, however. Willam took Melantha Blackwood as his second wife, and together they had two children, Edwyle and Jocelyn Stark.
When King-Beyond-the-Wall Raymun Redbeard went over the Wall, Lord Willam called his banners and marched with Lord Harmond Umber. On the shores of Long Lake, the two forces met. During the battle at Long Lake in 226 AC, Willam was killed and beheaded. His younger brother, Artos, avenged him by slaying Raymun.
- The World of Ice & Fire, Appendix: Stark Lineage.
- See the Willam Stark calculation.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Wall and Beyond: The Wildlings.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 7, Jon II.
- asoiaf.westeros.org: The Wiki-Timeline Project v2 – Comment by Ran (March 15, 2020)
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 24, Bran IV.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 69, Bran VII.