Maegor Targaryen (son of Aerion)
- For other articles sharing the same title, please see this disambiguation page.
|Born||In 232 AC|
|Book(s)||The World of Ice & Fire (mentioned)|
Born in 232 AC, Maegor was given his name by his sire who died the same year he was born. According to a semi-canon source, this name was a provocation, since King Maegor I Targaryen had a poor reputation. Prince Aerion died later that year from drinking wildfire.
After the death of his grandfather, King Maekar I Targaryen, Maegor was one of the claimants in the Great Council of 233 AC. Only a few spoke for him, and his claim was turned down because he was an infant and there were fears Maegor would inherit his father's madness. His uncle Aegon V Targaryen was instead chosen king.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Appendix: Targaryen Lineage.
- ↑ So Spake Martin: On Maegor III and the Night's King, June 09, 2015
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Maekar I.
- ↑ Kiera of Tyrosh was widowed when Valarr Targaryen died from the Great Spring Sickness; some time later she married his cousin Daeron.