Tears of Lys
The tears of Lys is a rare and expensive poison dissolved into liquids. It is clear, sweet as water and leaves no trace. The effects of the poison cause a sickness in the bowels and belly, eating away at them. According to semi-canon sources it is created by the alchemists from Lys. It is unknown if it has a connection with the Weeping Lady of Lys.
A Game of Thrones
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
During Tyrion Lannister's trial for the death of King Joffrey Baratheon, Grand Maester Pycelle claims that Tyrion stole a sample of the tears of Lys as well as other drugs from Pycelle's collection.
|“||The tears of Lys, they call it. A rare and costly thing, clear and sweet as water, and it leaves no trace. I begged Lord Arryn to use a taster, in this very room I begged him, but he would not hear of it. Only one who was less than a man would even think of such a thing, he told me.||”|
References and Notes
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 30, Eddard VII.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 34, Cat Of The Canals.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones RPG and Resource Book, Guardians of Order
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 33, Eddard VIII.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 17, Tyrion IV.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 80, Sansa VII.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 66, Tyrion IX.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 30, Eddard VII, p 323.