In 130 AC, several dragons were slain during the storming of the Dragonpit, some of them by the Shepherd's "lambs". Following the Second Battle of Tumbleton, Tessarion was greatly wounded from her fight with other dragons. Lord Benjicot Blackwood ordered his best archer, Billy Burley, to mercy kill the dragon, and Billy fired three shafts through her eye.
- Davos the Dragonslayer
- Serwyn of the Mirror Shield - slew the dragon Urrax
- Galladon of Morne
- Unnamed Uller retainer, who fired the iron bolt from a scorpion that went through the eye of Meraxes.
- Ser Warrick Wheaton, slew Syrax.
- Hobb the Hewer, slew Shrykos.
- The Burning Knight, slew Morghul.
- Billy Burley, slew Tessarion in a mercy kill.
- Alyn Velaryon, hacked a newly hatched wyrm to pieces.
It is no easy thing to slay a dragon, but it can be done.
Who do you think killed all the dragons the last time around? Gallant dragonslayers armed with swords?
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 28, Cersei VI.
- Fire & Blood, Reign of the Dragon - The Wars of King Aegon I.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - Rhaenyra Overthrown.
- The Princess and the Queen.
- Fire & Blood, The Lysene Spring and the End of Regency.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Reach: The Gardener Kings.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 8, Tyrion III.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 20, Brienne IV.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - Rhaenyra Triumphant.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 8, Daenerys I.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 45, Samwell V.