|Coat of arms||
Nine stars, one of seven points and eight of six points, on a gold saltire, on a black field|
(Sable, on a saltire or, nine mullets of the field, that in fesse-point of seven points, all others of six points)
|Lord||Ser Symond Templeton|
|Title||The Knight of Ninestars|
House Templeton is a noble house from Ninestars in the Vale of Arryn. They are one of the great knightly houses sworn to House Arryn. The head of the House is given the title of 'Knight of Ninestars'. Its current head is Ser Symond Templeton.
Although they are a knightly house, they are very powerful, and their strength and influence are comparable to many lords. It is said they can easily raise a thousand men. The current generation House Templeton may be related to the Starks of Winterfell through the female line.
A Storm of Swords
When discussing King Robb Stark's succession, his mother Catelyn Tully recalls that Lord Eddard Stark's grandfather had a sister who married a younger son of Lord Raymar Royce and had three daughters. Each married Vale lords, one of whom Catelyn vaguely remembers as a Templeton.
A Feast for Crows
House Templeton at the end of the third century
The known Templetons during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Ser Symond Templeton, the Knight of Ninestars.
- Ser Luceon Templeton, the Knight of Ninestars, an Andal knight and head of House Templeton who participated in the Battle of Seven Stars.
- Jennis Templeton, a lady companion of Queen Alysanne Targaryen who married Lord Mullendore.
- Gerold Templeton, a squire in the court of Jaehaerys I Targaryen
- An unnamed Knight of Ninestars took part in the Battle of the Redgrass Field, being slain by Daemon I Blackfyre while in Lord Donnel Arryn's van.