A trumpet is a wind instrument.
Trumpets are used all over Westeros, though the northmen usually prefer horns to trumpets. The Free folk from beyond the Wall do not have trumpets and use horns instead. Trumpets are also used in some places of Essos, such as Yunkai.
In 277 AC, Ser Barristan Selmy liberated King Aerys II Targaryen out of the dungeon of the Dun Fort during the Defiance of Duskendale, but trumpets and horns sounded the alarm before they escape the town.
A Game of Thrones
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
A Dance with Dragons
To the surprise of Asha Greyjoy, trumpets are heard outside Deepwood Motte. Asha prepares to repel the northmen attempt to take the castle, not knowing the trumpets are actually part of Stannis Baratheon's army.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 65, Sansa VIII.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 24, Bran II.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 60, Tyrion VIII.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 70, Tyrion X.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 2, Sansa I.
- The Hedge Knight.
- The Mystery Knight.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 62, Tyrion VIII.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 63, Catelyn X.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 26, The Wayward Bride.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 73, Jon X.
- The Winds of Winter, Tyrion I
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 75, Samwell IV.
- The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses from the Stormlands
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 63, Daenerys V.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Westerlands: House Lannister Under the Dragons.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aerys II.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 45, Catelyn VI.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 33, Jaime V.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 51, Theon I.