|House Mallister of Seagard|
|Coat of arms||
A silver eagle, displayed, on an indigo field|
(Purpure, an eagle displayed argent)
|Words||Above the Rest|
|Current Lord||Jason Mallister|
|Title||Lord of Seagard|
House Tully (AGOT)|
House Baelish (ADWD)
House Mallister of Seagard is one of the most prominent noble houses from the riverlands. Seagard is a fortress built to defend the coast against the reavers from the Iron Islands, and dates from before Aegon's Conquest. The Mallisters distrust the ironborn.
Lord Lymond Mallister unhorsed Ser Criston Cole at the tourney at Maidenpool to celebrate the accession of King Viserys I Targaryen. Ser Joseth Mallister jousted in the tourney at Ashford Meadow. He was left unconscious in one of the first tilts. Prince Rhaegar Targaryen unhorsed Lord Jason Mallister in a tourney at Storm's End.
Jeffory Mallister was one of the companions of Brandon Stark that were accused of treason and executed by order of King Aerys II Targaryen. During Robert's Rebellion which followed, Lord Jason attended the wedding between Catelyn Tully and Eddard Stark and gave lavish gifts. At the Battle of the Trident, he slew three of Rhaegar's bannermen.
During Greyjoy's Rebellion, Lord Jason Mallister slew Rodrik Greyjoy while defending against the storming of Seagard. He took part in the tourney at Lannisport following the rebellion, but he was defeated by the eventual victor, Lord Jorah Mormont.
A Game of Thrones
The Mallisters join the northern host when Robb Stark rides south from the Twins. Jason's son, Patrek Mallister, is one of the thirty young sons of lords that ride with Robb in the battle in the Whispering Wood and the Battle of the Camps. Meanwhile, Jason holds a subordinate command and captures Ser Gawen Westerling.
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
At Hag's Mire, Jason brings the captain of the Myraham, who breaks the news to the gathered northern and river lords that Balon Greyjoy is dead and Euron Greyjoy has claimed the Seastone Chair. Lord Mallister reports that his fleet at Seagard consists of half a dozen longships and two war galleys. Robb orders him to send two of his warships into the Neck (one carrying Galbart Glover, the other Maege Mormont) to find Greywater Watch.
Ser Denys Mallister is considered a leading contender to become Lord Commander of the Night's Watch after the death of Lord Commander Jeor Mormont. However, he steps aside so that Jon Snow can win.
A Feast for Crows
A Dance with Dragons
Lord Jason and his heir, Patrek, are held captive by Freys in their own castle, Seagard.
House Mallister at the end of the third century
The known Mallisters during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Lord Jason Mallister, Lord of Seagard. A mature man, yet still strong and handsome.
- Patrek Mallister, his son, a young man. Heir to Seagard.
- Ser Denys Mallister, his uncle. A member of the Night's Watch and commander of the Shadow Tower.
With unspecified familiar relationship to the main branch there are also:
- Wendel Frey, a page.
- Lord Petyr Mallister, who led a rebellion against House Durrandon during the latter's rule of the riverlands.
- Ser Desmond Mallister, a friend of Lord Loron Greyjoy.
- Lord Lymond Mallister, who fought in a tourney at Maidenpool at the accession of Viserys I Targaryen.
- Ser Joseth Mallister, a knight during the reign of Daeron II Targaryen, participant in the tourney at Ashford Meadow.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 11, Theon I.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 48, Jon VI.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 33, Jaime V.
- The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Riverlands
- The Citadel. House Mottoes
- The Hedge Knight.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 29, Sansa II.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Iron Islands: Driftwood Crowns.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Riverlands.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Reign of the Dragons: The Conquest.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Stormlands: House Baratheon.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Iron Islands: The Old Way and the New.
- The Rogue Prince.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 42, Daenerys IV.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 55, Catelyn VII.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 28, Catelyn V.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 12, Daenerys I.
- A Game of Thrones, Prologue.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 57, Sansa V.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 63, Catelyn X.
- A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 45, Catelyn VI.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 35, Catelyn IV.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 45, Catelyn V.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 79, Jon XII.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 38, Jaime VI.
- A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.