|House Harroway of Harrenhal|
|Coat of arms||
Per bend sinister orange and sable rayonné, a castle counterchanged|
(Per bend sinister rayonné tenné and sable, a castle counterchanged)
|Title||Lord of Harrenhal|
|Died out||44 AC|
House Harroway of Harrenhal is an extinct noble house from Harrenhal in the riverlands. According to semi-canon sources they blazoned their arms with per bend sinister orange and black rayonne, a castle counterchanged. Lord Harroway's Town is named after a former lord of the house.
House Harroway was the third noble house to rule Harrenhal. Lord Lucas Harroway receiving the title and lands after the extinction of House Qoherys in 37 AC. Two years later, Prince Maegor Targaryen took Lord Lucas's daughter Alys as his second wife in a Valyrian wedding ceremony on Dragonstone. The anger that resulted from the marriage led Maegor to chose five years of exile over setting Alys aside. Alys left Westeros in 40 AC, accompanying her husband to Pentos in exile.
Alys became a queen upon her return to Westeros in 42 AC, after Maegor had claimed the Iron Throne. In 43 AC, Maegor named Lord Lucas as his new Hand of the King. Later that year, Lucas fought on Maegor's side in the Battle Beneath the Gods Eye in 43 AC. It fell to Lord Lucas to govern the realm while Maegor focused on the completion of the construction of the Red Keep.
In 44 AC House Harroway was wiped out by Maegor after Alys had given birth to a monstrosity. Maegor's third wife, Queen Tyanna, had convinced him Alys had been having affairs, and provided the names of the men she had supposedly been sleeping with. This resulted in the execution of every Harroway Maegor could find, both in King's Landing, Harrenhal, and Lord Harroway's Town.
Harrenhal passed to House Towers after the destruction of the Harroways, while Lord Harroway's Town passed to Lord Alton Butterwell, and the remainder of the Harroway holdings to Lord Darnold Darry.
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
- Lord Lucas Harroway, Lord of Harrenhal and Hand of the King.
- Multiple unnamed brothers of Lord Lucas.
- Horas Harroway, kin of Lord Lucas, a simple-minded lackwit.
- The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Riverlands
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 47, Arya IX.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Riverlands: House Tully.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aenys I.
- The Sons of the Dragon.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Maegor I.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 23, Alayne I.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Meagor I.