|House Smallwood of Acorn Hall|
|Coat of arms||
Six brown acorns, 3, 2, 1, on a yellow field|
(Or, six acorns 3-2-1 brunâtre)
|Words||From These Beginnings|
|Title||Lord of Acorn Hall|
|Overlord||House Vance of Wayfarer's Rest|
House Smallwood of Acorn Hall is a noble house from Acorn Hall in the riverlands. Their sigil is six brown acorns on yellow. According to semi-canon sources their motto is "From These Beginnings." The Smallwoods are sworn to House Vance of Wayfarer's Rest.
During the reign of King Aenys I Targaryen, Lord Myles Smallwood fought with Lord Alyn Stokeworth in his campaign against Harren the Red. During the Faith Militant uprising, Lord Smallwood battled Wat the Hewer in the battle at Stonebridge. He later sided with Prince Aegon the Uncrowned in the Battle Beneath the Gods Eye against his uncle King Maegor I Targaryen.
At the War for the White Cloaks in 49 AC, Ser Willam the Wasp, a sworn sword of Lord Myles, was raised to the Kingsguard. In 54 AC, Lord Myles was raised to Hand of the King to Jaehaerys I Targaryen, favored for his loyalty and prowess in battle. Though he was renowned for his courage and undoubtedly well-intentioned, he was ill-suited to the office and was dismissed by Jaehaerys in 57 AC.
During the Dance of the Dragons, Lord Joseth Smallwood supported the blacks and Rhaenyra Targaryen. He briefly halted the westermen host under Ser Adrian Tarbeck in a battle near Acorn Hall. Lord Joseth later scraped together fresh levies for the Second Battle of Tumbleton. Jeyne Smallwood attended the Maiden's Day Cattle Show.
During the First Blackfyre Rebellion, the Smallwoods supported the Targaryens. A soldier of House Smallwood killed Addam Osgrey at the Battle of the Redgrass Field. Lord and Lady Smallwood traveled to Whitewalls to take part in a tourney. Having some slight acquaintance with Lord Smallword, Ser Kyle the Cat tried to ingratiate himself with him. Lord Smallwood's nephew broke his wrist during the tourney. Daemon II Blackfyre issued commands to Lord Smallwood during the tourney, suggesting he was aware of the Second Blackfyre Rebellion.
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
Lord Theomar Smallwood is off fighting with his liege lord, Karyl Vance, when the brotherhood without banners stays at Acorn Hall. Lady Ravella Smallwood tells Arya Stark she sent her daughter Carellen to her great-aunt at a motherhouse in Oldtown at the start of the War of the Five Kings.
A Feast for Crows
House Smallwood at the end of the third century
The known Smallwoods during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Lord Theomar Smallwood, Lord of Acorn Hall.
With unspecified familiar relationship to the main branch there are also:
- Ser Myles Smallwood, Lord of Acorn Hall and a Hand of the King.
- Lord Joseth Smallwood, Lord of Acorn Hall during the Dance of the Dragons.
- Jeyne Smallwood, a possible marriage candidate for King Aegon III Targaryen.
- The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Riverlands
- The Sworn Sword.
- The Citadel. House Mottoes
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 22, Arya IV.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 43, Arya VIII.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Riverlands.
- Fire & Blood, Birth, Death and Betrayal Under Jaehaerys I.
- Fire & Blood, The Year of the Three Bridges - 49 AC.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 54, Davos V.
- Fire & Blood, Jaehaerys and Alysanne - Their Triumphs and Tragedies.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - Rhaenyra Triumphant.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - Rhaenyra Overthrown.
- Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - War and Peace and Cattle Shows.
- The Mystery Knight.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 6, Jon I.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 18, Samwell I.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 50, Arya X.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 33, Jaime V.