Years before Aegon's Conquest
- See also Years after Aegon's Conquest
This page is intended to draw a rough chronology of events in the world before Aegon's Conquest, an epoch event which maesters and educated people count years in relation to. George R. R. Martin has been vague in regard to some dates, so this chronology is often based on estimations according to key dates, character ages etc. For a more general overview of the history see the timeline of major events.
|“||The maesters of the Citadel who keep the histories of Westeros have used Aegon's Conquest as their touchstone for the past three hundred years. Birth, deaths, battles, and other events are dated either AC (After the Conquest) or BC (Before the Conquest).||”|
Year 1 Before the Conquest
Year 2 Before the Conquest
- Aegon Targaryen and his two Queens, Visenya and Rhaenys, begin their Wars of Conquest. They land with their three dragons on three hills close to the mouth of the Blackwater Rush.
- Aegon's Conquest begins.
- King Harren the Black completes the construction of his new seat, Harrenhal, on the day Aegon Targaryen lands in Westeros.
Titles and Positions
- Orys Baratheon is named Hand of the King.
- Daemon Velaryon is named master of ships.
- Crispian Celtigar is named master of coin.
- Tristan Massey is named master of laws.
Year 27 Before the Conquest
Year 37 Before the Conquest
- The Red Death, a terrible plague, emerges from the slave pens of Gorgossos and sweeps across the Isle of Tears and the remainder of the Basilisk Isles.
Year 51 Before the Conquest
Year 114 Before the Conquest
Year 126 Before the Conquest
- Daenys Targaryen has a vision of the Doom of Valyria.
- House Targaryen flee to Dragonstone because of the vision of Daenys the Dreamer.
- Five dragons and four dragon eggs are brought to Dragonstone. One of these dragons is Balerion.
~Year 700 Before the Conquest
~Year 950 Before the Conquest
Year 1436 Before the Conquest
- A sect of religious dissidents leave the Freehold to establish a temple upon the main isle of Lorath, creating the foundations for the Free City of Lorath.
References and Notes
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 The World of Ice and Fire, The Reign of the Dragons: The Conquest.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 60, Jon VIII.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 13, Tyrion II.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Appendix.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Full story of the Targaryen Conquest
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 So Spake Martin: Chicon 7 Reading (Sep 2, 2012)
- ↑ See the calculation for: Sharra Arryn
- ↑ The World of Ice and Fire, Beyond the Free Cities: The Basilisk Isles.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 The World of Ice and Fire, Ancient History: Ten Thousand Ships.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 See the Rhoynish Wars calculations
- ↑ The World of Ice and Fire, The Free Cities: Lorath.