|Coat of arms||
Three blue beetles, on a gold field|
(Or, three beetles azure)
A Clash of Kings
A Feast for Crows
The banner of House Bettley is seen among those that escort the corpse of Lord Tywin Lannister back to Casterly Rock. Afterward, Ser Jaime Lannister spots Ser Jon Bettley riding at a quintain in the yard of the Red Keep.
Brienne of Tarth and her companions see the corpses of the perpetrators of the raid on Saltpans hanged from trees. Among the dead is a man with a bettles badge sewn on his breast, presumably a Bettley man-at-arms who became a broken man during the War of the Five Kings.
House Bettley at the end of the third century
The known Bettleys during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
Behind the Scenes
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 38, Arya VIII.
- The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Westerlands
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 14, Brienne III.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 16, Jaime II.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 37, Brienne VII.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 44, Jaime VII.
- The Citadel: Are there any nods to other works in the series?