|House Sarsfield of Sarsfield|
|Coat of arms||
A green arrow on a white bend, on a green field|
(Vert, on a bend argent an arrow of the field, point to dexter chief)
|Words||True to the Mark|
House Sarsfield of Sarsfield is a noble house from Sarsfield in the westerlands. It blazons its shield with a green arrow on a white bend on green. According to semi-canon sources, their motto is "True to the Mark".
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
House Sarsfield at the end of the third century
The known Sarsfields during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
With unspecified familiar relationship to the main branch of the house there is also:
Behind the Scenes
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 38, Arya VIII.
- The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Westerlands
- The Citadel. House Mottoes
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Westerlands.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 74, Arya XIII.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 27, Jaime III.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 14, Brienne III.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 16, Jaime II.
- The Citadel: Are there any nods to other works in the series?