|House Lydden of Deep Den|
|Coat of arms||
A white badger on a per pale green and brown field|
(Per pale vert and brunâtre, a badger argent)
|Lord||Lord Lewys Lydden|
|Title||Lord of the Deep Den|
A Game of Thrones
Tyrion Lannister acknowledges the badger of Lydden among his father Tywin Lannister's banners at the crossroads. Lord Tywin's disposition at the Battle of the Green Fork places the Lyddens, with the Leffords, the Serretts and three hundred heavy horse at the center, under the command of Ser Kevan Lannister.
A Clash of Kings
One of Lord Lewys Lydden's archers is hanged at Harrenhal by the command of Tywin, for having started a fight by taunting the Bloody Mummers over Lord Beric Dondarrion. The badger of House Lydden is spotted by Arya Stark among the banners of Tywin's army as it leaves Harrenhal.
A Feast for Crows
House Lydden at the end of the third century
The known Lyddens during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
With unspecified familiar relationship to the main branch of the house:
- Jeyne Lydden, second wife of Stevron Frey, heir to Lord Walder, and mother to Aegon Frey and Maegelle Frey.
- A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Westerlands.
- The Lands of Ice and Fire, Westeros.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 56, Tyrion VII.
- The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Westerlands
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 62, Tyrion VIII.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 30, Arya VII.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 38, Arya VIII.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 65, Sansa VIII.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 16, Jaime II.