A moratorium is in effect on adding information from Fire and Blood until December 20th.
|House Swyft of Cornfield|
|Coat of arms||
A blue bantam rooster, on a yellow field|
(Or, a cock close azure)
|Current Lord||Ser Harys Swyft|
|Title||Knight of Cornfield|
|Heir||Ser Steffon Swyft|
A Game of Thrones
Tyrion Lannister sees the bantam rooster of House Swyft among Lord Tywin Lannister's army. Cornfield men form part of the Lannister right during the battle on the Green Fork, with heavy lancers under command of Ser Addam Marbrand.
Tyrion is upset at Ser Harys Swyft for criticizing Ser Jaime Lannister's tactics during the siege of Riverrun, and considers Harys a craven lickspittle whose greatest accomplishment was marrying his daughter Dorna to Ser Kevan Lannister.
A Clash of Kings
Arya Stark overhears in Harrenhal that the cooks despise Ser Harys and spit in all his food. Arya spots the bantam rooster in Tywin's army leaving Harrenhal. Harys's squire is stabbed to death in a quarrel with the Bloody Mummers in Harrenhal.
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
Jocelyn Swyft is one of Queen Regent Cersei Lannister's ladies in-waiting. Cersei considers her a slow-witted fool. Ser Humfrey Swyft is seen by Jaime scoring a solid hit while training at the Red Keep.
Ser Harys is named Hand of the King by Cersei Lannister. While she does not have a high opinion of him, she chooses him due to the fact that he does not argue with her and can be used as a hostage against his son in-law and her uncle, Ser Kevan Lannister. Harys is later demoted to master of coin after the death of Gyles Rosby; he is replaced as Hand by Lord Orton Merryweather.
A Dance with Dragons
House Swyft at the end of the third century
The known Swyfts during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Ser Harys Swyft, the Knight of Cornfield.
- Dorna Swyft, his daughter. Married to Ser Kevan Lannister and mother to his three sons: Lancel, Willem and Martyn, and daughter: Janei Lannister.
- Ser Steffon Swyft, his son and heir.
- Shierle Swyft, his daughter. Married to Ser Melwyn Sarsfield.
With unspecified familial relationship to the main branch there are also:
|Kevan Lannister||Dorna||Steffon||Wife||Shierle||Melwyn Sarsfield|
|Lancel Lannister||Willem Lannister||Martyn Lannister||Janei Lannister||Joanna|
- Ser Addison Hill, known as the Bastard of Cornfield, Lord Commander of the Kingsguard during the reign of Aegon I Targaryen.
- Ser Harrold Swyft, participant of the tourney at Ashford Meadow.
- A Game of Thrones, Appendix.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 38, Arya VIII.
- The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Westerlands
- The Citadel. Heraldry: House Mottoes
- The Princess and the Queen.
- The Hedge Knight.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 69, Jon IX.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 43, Cersei X.
- A Dance with Dragons, Epilogue.
- A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- The World of Ice & Fire.