House Lannister of Lannisport
|House Lannister of Lannisport|
House Lannister of Lannisport is an ancient branch of House Lannister in the westerlands who live in the city of Lannisport, rather than the main branch's seat of Casterly Rock. Neither their words nor their arms are known. Members of the family often have the same blond hair as the main branch. According to semi-canon sources they rule the city or are at least gentry.
According to a semi-canon source, Lannisters from Casterly Rock developed Lannisport from a village into a town and then into a city. The Lannisters of Lannisport built walls to defend the city, while the Lannisters of Casterly Rock became the Kings of the Rock.
A Clash of Kings
A Feast for Crows
Rosamund Lannister was chosen by Tyrion Lannister to accompany Myrcella Baratheon to Dorne due to their close resemblance. When Ser Arys Oakheart brings Princess Myrcella to Arianne Martell, he disguises Rosamund as Myrcella and tells everyone she has redspots.
House Lannister of Lannisport at the end of the third century
The known Lannisters of Lannisport during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Rosamund Lannister, a handmaiden to Princess Myrcella Baratheon.
- Theomore Lannister, a maester in service at White Harbor.
- Ser Emory Hill, the Bastard of Lannisport
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 21, The Queenmaker.
- georgerrmartin.com: WORLD OF ICE AND FIRE SAMPLE
- reddit.com/r/asoiaf: AMAA w/ Elio & Linda of Westeros.org ANSWERS /r/asoiaf's top TWENTY Questions
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - Rhaenyra Triumphant.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 62, Tyrion VIII.