|Coat of arms||
A red bend sinister between two black porcupines, on a green field|
(Vert, a bend sinister gules between two porcupines sable)
|Overlord||House Baratheon of King's Landing|
House Blount is a noble house from the crownlands. They blazon their arms with a red bend sinister between two black porcupines on green.
A member of the house was at the tourney at Harrenhal, where his squire took part in the beating of Howland Reed. The Blount knight was later defeated in the tourney by the Knight of the Laughing Tree, who defeated him and told him to teach his squire honor.
A Game of Thrones
Ser Boros Blount, a member of the Kingsguard, accompanies King Robert Baratheon north to Winterfell.
A Clash of Kings
Boros is arrested by Ser Jacelyn Bywater at Rosby. Ser Osmund Kettleblack replaces Boros in the Kingsguard after he is stripped of his white cloak.
A Storm of Swords
Boros returns to the Kingsguard after the death of Ser Mandon Moore at the Battle of the Blackwater.
During the trial of Tyrion Lannister for the death of King Joffrey Baratheon, Boros is called as a witness for the prosecution. He recounts the episode when Tyrion beat Joffrey after the riot of King's Landing and when Tyrion threatened the king's life.
A Feast for Crows
Ser Boros serves as the food tester for King Tommen Baratheon.
House Blount at the end of the third century
The known Blounts during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Ser Boros Blount, a knight of the Kingsguard.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the area of King's Landing
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 24, Bran II.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 8, Bran II.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 49, Tyrion XI.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 12, Tyrion II.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 66, Tyrion IX.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 67, Jaime VIII.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 12, Cersei III.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 17, Cersei IV.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Appendix.