|Coat of arms||
A red bend sinister between two black porcupines, on a green field|
(Vert, a bend sinister gules between two porcupines sable)
|Overlord||House Baratheon of King's Landing|
A member of the house was at the tourney at Harrenhal, where his squire took part in the beating of Howland Reed. The Blount knight was later defeated in the tourney by the Knight of the Laughing Tree, who defeated him and told him to teach his squire honor.
A Game of Thrones
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
During the trial of Tyrion Lannister for the death of King Joffrey Baratheon, Boros is called as a witness for the prosecution. He recounts the episode when Tyrion beat Joffrey after the riot of King's Landing and when Tyrion threatened the king's life.
A Feast for Crows
House Blount at the end of the third century
The known Blounts during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the area of King's Landing
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 24, Bran II.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 8, Bran II.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 49, Tyrion XI.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 12, Tyrion II.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 66, Tyrion IX.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 67, Jaime VIII.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 12, Cersei III.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 17, Cersei IV.
- A Game of Thrones, Appendix.