|House Rykker of Duskendale|
|Coat of arms||
Two black warhammers crossed on a white saltire on blue|
(Azure, on a saltire argent two warhammers saltirewise sable)
|Seat||The Dun Fort|
|Title||Lord of Duskendale|
|Overlord||House Baratheon of King's Landing|
House Rykker of Duskendale is a noble house from the crownlands. Their sigil depicts two black warhammers crossed on a white saltire on blue. Their seat is the castle of the Dun Fort in Duskendale.
During the feast that Aerys II Targaryen threw when Cersei Lannister first came to court, Lord Owen Merryweather talked about raising taxes on wine, prompting Lord Rykker to joke about Lord Tywin Lannister shitting gold. Tywin stared at Lord Rykker until Lord Rykker gave up and walked away.
During Robert's Rebellion, Ser Jaremy Rykker fought for Aerys, surrendering to House Lannister forces during the Sack of King's Landing. He was given the choice of execution or the Wall by Tywin Lannister, and chose the Night's Watch.
A Game of Thrones
A Storm of Swords
Ser Helman Tallhart and Robett Glover march on Duskendale. They are met by Lord Randyll Tarly and are defeated in the battle at Duskendale. The retreating northmen are then routed by Ser Gregor Clegane.
A Feast for Crows
House Rykker at the end of the third century
The known Rykkers during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Lord Renfred Rykker, Lord of Duskendale.
With unspecified familiar relationship to the main branch of the house there is also:
- Lord Rykker, one of King Aerys II Targaryen's lickspittles who once made fun of Lord Tywin Lannister at a feast.
- A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- The Citadel. Heraldry: the area of King's Landing
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 9, Brienne II.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 7, Cersei II.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 21, Tyrion III.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 48, Jon VI.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 19, Tyrion III.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 60, Jon VIII.