House Brune of Brownhollow
|House Brune of Brownhollow|
|Coat of arms||
A bear paw, brown on white, within a double tressure brown|
(Argent, a bear's paw erased within a double tressure brunâtre)
|Head||Ser Bennard Brune|
|Region||Crackclaw Point, Crownlands|
|Title||Knight of Brownhollow|
|Overlord||House Baratheon of King's Landing|
House Brune of Brownhollow is a house of landed knights from Brownhollow, which is located in Crackclaw Point in the crownlands. According to semi-canon sources they blazon their arms with a bear paw, brown on white, within a double tressure brown. Their words are not known.
A Clash of Kings
Lothor Brune enters the service of Lord Petyr Baelish. Lothor is knighted for his feats during the Battle of the Blackwater, and he is to be granted a keep in the riverlands once the War of the Five Kings ends.
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
House Brune of Brownhollow at the end of the third century
The known Brunes of Brownhollow during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
With unspecified familiar relationship to the main branch of the house there is also:
- The Brothers Brune, legendary champions who brought peace to Crackclaw Point. It is unknown which Brune family they belonged to.
- Ser Bernarr Brune, the squire of Lord Alyn Stokeworth, knighted by King Aenys I Targaryen. It is unknown which Brune family he belonged to.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 41, Alayne II.
- The Citadel. Heraldry: the area of King's Landing
- A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 20, Brienne IV.
- The Princess and the Queen.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 2, Sansa I.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 65, Sansa VIII.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 61, Sansa V.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 68, Sansa VI.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 10, Sansa I.
- The Sons of the Dragon.