|House Buckler of Bronzegate|
|Coat of arms|| Three brass buckles, on a blue field|
(Azure, three buckles or)
|Current Lord||Ralph Buckler|
According to semi-canon sources their arms depict three brass buckles on blue. Their motto is unknown.
During Aegon's Conquest, Lords Buckler, Errol, and Fell opposed Orys Baratheon during his march from the Aegonfort toward Storm's End, but the storm lords were forced to retreat when Rhaenys Targaryen had Meraxes set afire parts of what is now the southern kingswood.
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
A Dance with Dragons
Ralph's cousin, Ser Brus Buckler, remains in Stannis's service and is one of the queen's men. At the wedding between Alys Karstark and Sigorn of Thenn, Brus gives Princess Shireen Baratheon her first dance. Queen Selyse Florent arranges for Brus to wed the second daughter of the wildling raider Gerrick Kingsblood.
House Buckler at the end of the third century
The known Bucklers during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
With unspecified familiar relation to the main branch:
- Cedrik Storm, the Bastard of Bronzegate. A tourney knight active several decades prior to the novels.
- The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Stormlands
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Reign of the Dragons: The Conquest.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 38, Tyrion V.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 60, Tyrion VIII.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 44, Jon IX.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 49, Jon X.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 69, Jon XIII.