|House Mertyns of Mistwood|
|Coat of arms||
A white great horned owl on a grey field|
(Cendrée, a great-horned owl close affronté argent)
|Title||Lord of Mistwood|
A Game of Thrones
The Winds of Winter
|| Warning |
This information has thus far been released in a sample chapter for The Winds of Winter, and might therefore not be in finalized form. Keep in mind that the content as described below is still subject to change.
The sons and grandsons of Lady Mary Mertyns initially support Renly Baratheon during the War of the Five Kings, with a grandson wounded in the Battle of the Blackwater. Since the Mertyns men are away, Mistwood falls to the Golden Company during their invasion of the stormlands. Young John Mudd and Chains keep Mary under house arrest and host Arianne Martell for a night.
House Mertyns at the end of the third century
The known Mertyns during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Lord Mertyns, who was poisoned with his entire household by a cask of Dornish wine at the hands of Dornish assassins during the First Dornish War.
- Lord Jon Mertyns, a guest at the Golden Wedding.
- Ser Michael Mertyns was a member of the Kingsguard.
- A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 30, Eddard VII.
- The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses from the Stormlands
- Fire & Blood, Reign of the Dragon - The Wars of King Aegon I.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 16, Jaime II.
- Arianne II (The Winds of Winter)
- Fire & Blood, The Year of the Three Brides - 49 AC.