A moratorium is in effect on adding information from Fire and Blood until December 20th.
The sharing of "meat and mead" is a common custom in the known world, including in Westeros, by the free companies, and at Vaes Dothrak. The Dothraki prefer clotted mare's milk over mead, however.
A Storm of Swords
Val and Jarl share a horn of mead when Jon Snow is introduced to Mance Rayder. Jon accepts the offer of mead from the King-Beyond-the-Wall. After Donal Noye, Mag Mar Tun Doh Weg, and Ygritte are slain during the attack on Castle Black, Jon and Tormund share a skin of strong mead to honor their fallen comrades.
Casks and wagons of ale, mead, and wine are provided by House Frey during the Red Wedding. Flagons of mead, milk, and golden wine are served at the breakfast feast when King Joffrey I Baratheon receives wedding gifts. A fine light mead is served for the wedding of Lysa Arryn to Petyr Baelish at the Fingers.
A Feast for Crows
- thoughts of Duncan the Tall
I welcome you to our fires, and offer you meat and mead in honor of our friendship.
I never get drunk. Mead only makes me merry.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 46, Samwell III.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 59, Catelyn IX.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 11, Theon I.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 31, Brienne VI.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 53, Jon XI.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 25, The Windblown.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 36, Daenerys IV.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 12, Daenerys I.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 7, Jon I.
- Not a Blog: A FIRE & BLOOD Excerpt just for YOU! (September 27, 2018)
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 56, Theon V.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 15, Jon II.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 73, Jon X.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 50, Arya X.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 51, Catelyn VII.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 59, Sansa IV.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 68, Sansa VI.
- The Sworn Sword.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 53, Bran VI.