The Seven-Pointed Star
It is stated in The Seven-Pointed Star that:
- Spirits, wights, and revenants cannot harm a pious man, so long as he is armored in his faith.
- Men bow to their lords, and lords to their kings, so kings and queens must bow before the Seven Who Are One.
- Married men and women must stay faithful to each other until death.
- Pride goes before a fall.
- Death is never far in this world, and seven hells await sinners who do not repent their sins.
- Incest is sinful.
- All sins may be forgiven, but crimes must still be punished.
King Jaehaerys I Targaryen looked to The Seven-Pointed Star for guidance. With the help of Septons Barth and Oswyck, he pushed the idea of the Targaryens being different than the people they rule over. The Seven Speakers were sent throughout Westeros to win the smallfolk over, sometimes using passages of The Seven-Pointed Star in their advocacy.
In the beginning of the Dance of the Dragons, Queen Rhaenyra Targaryen refused to sent her sons, Princes Jacaerys and Lucerys Velaryon, as envoys but later accepted when they both swore a solemn oath upon a copy of The Seven-Pointed Star.
A Feast for Crows
A Dance with Dragons
- The Father reached his hand into the heavens and pulled down seven stars and one by one he set them on the brow of Hugor of the Hill to make a glowing crown...
- The Maid brought him forth a girl as supple as a willow with eyes like deep blue pools and Hugor declared that he would have her for his bride. So the Mother made her fertile, and the Crone foretold that she would bear the king four-and-forty mighty sons. The Warrior gave strength to their arms, whilst the Smith wrought for each a suit of iron plates...
- The World of Ice & Fire, Ancient History: The Arrival of the Andals.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 25, Brienne V.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 27, Jaime III.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 28, Cersei VI.
- Fire & Blood, Jaehaerys and Alysanne - Their Triumphs and Tragedies.
- Fire & Blood, The Long Reign - Jaehaerys and Alysanne: Policy, Progeny, and Pain.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 30, Jaime IV.
- Fire & Blood, A Time of Testing - The Realm Remade.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 43, Cersei X.
- Fire & Blood, Prince to King - The Ascension of Jaehaerys I.
- Fire & Blood, A Surfeit of Rulers.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - The Blacks and the Greens.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 38, The Watcher.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 31, Brienne VI.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 40, Princess In The Tower.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 5, Tyrion II.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 29, Davos IV.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 54, Cersei I.