Jacaerys, by Douglas Wheatley, as depicted in The World of Ice and Fire
|Title||Prince of Dragonstone|
|Allegiance|| House Velaryon|
|Born||In 114 AC|
|Died||In 129 AC, at the Gullet|
|Book(s)|| The World of Ice and Fire (mentioned)|
The Rogue Prince (mentioned)
The Princess and the Queen (mentioned)
Prince Jacaerys Velaryon, also known as Jace, was the firstborn son of Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen and her first husband, Ser Laenor Velaryon. When Rhaenyra was crowned queen, she named Jacaerys as Prince of Dragonstone and heir to the Iron Throne. Jacaerys was a dragonrider whose dragon was Vermax.
Appearance and Character
Jacaerys was fifteen-years-old at the start of the civil war which became known as the Dance of the Dragons. He rode his dragon, Vermax, to the Eyrie, Sisterton, White Harbor, and Winterfell to raise support for his mother Rhaenyra Targaryen's claim. After successfully gaining the Vale of Arryn for the blacks, he also gained the north through the Pact of Ice and Fire.
Jacaerys took part in the Battle of the Gullet, where Vermax flew too low and went crashing into the sea. Jace leapt free and briefly clung to smoking wreckage, but sank into the sea after being struck by Myrish crossbow quarrels.
Quotes by Jacaerys
|“||Our uncle calls us Strongs, and claims we are bastards, but when the lords see us on dragonback they will know that for a lie. Only Targaryens ride dragons.||”|
Quotes about Jacaerys
|“||Broken after the loss of one son, Rhaenyra Targaryen seemed to find new strength after the loss of a second. Jace's death hardened her, burning away her fears, leaving only her anger and hatred.||”|
References and Notes
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Rogue Prince.
- ↑ The World of Ice and Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aegon II.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 The Princess and the Queen.
- ↑ The World of Ice and Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Viserys I.
- ↑ The World of Ice and Fire, The North: The Lords of Winterfell.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Prince Daemon Targaryen was married to Lady Rhea Royce from 97 AC until 115 AC. He then married Lady Laena Velaryon in 115 AC; their marriage lasted until Laena's death in 120 AC. That same year, Daemon married his niece, Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen.