Brightwater Keep, also known as Brightwater, is the seat of House Florent in the Reach. It sits near the source of the Honeywine, north of Honeyholt, east of Bandallon, and southwest of the Mander.
A Storm of Swords
Following the Battle of the Blackwater, during which House Florent fought for Stannis Baratheon, Brightwater Keep and all of its lands and incomes are granted to Lord Mace Tyrell's second son, Ser Garlan Tyrell, thus establishing House Tyrell of Brightwater Keep. Brightwater's former lord, Alester Florent, is imprisoned by Stannis at Dragonstone for seeking peace with House Lannister.
A Feast for Crows
From King's Landing, Garlan brings half of the Tyrell strength back to the Reach to press his claim on Brightwater, which is held by its castellan, Ser Colin Florent. When news comes of the taking of the Shields, Garlan begins to gather men from across the Reach to retake the Shield Islands from the ironborn.
A Dance with Dragons
Davos Seaworth recalls that when Stannis decided to aid the Night's Watch at the Wall, Melisandre burned alive Alester Florent, the former Lord of Brightwater Keep, in order to obtain favorable winds for their expedition to Eastwatch-by-the-Sea.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 19, Tyrion III.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 42, Davos II.
- A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- The Lands of Ice and Fire, Westeros.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 25, Davos III.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 12, Cersei III.
- A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 32, Cersei VII.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 9, Davos I.