|House Slate of Blackpool|
|Coat of arms||
Pale grey, a double tressure white|
(Cendrée, a double tressure argent)
House Slate of Blackpool is a noble house from Blackpool in the north. They blazon their arms with pale grey, a double tressure white.
The Slates ruled as First Men kings after the Long Night, but they eventually submitted to the Kings of Winter and became vassals of House Stark of Winterfell.
House Slate once held the Wolf's Den.
A Dance with Dragons
According to Lady Barbrey Dustin, Slates campaigned with Robb Stark, King in the North, and lost men in the Red Wedding.
The banner of House Slate is seen when Roose Bolton gathers the northern forces to Barrow Hall in Barrowton, and Lord Slate attends the wedding of Ramsay Bolton to "Arya Stark" (actually Jeyne Poole) at Winterfell. Maester Henly, who once served Lord Slate, is put in charge of the ravens and messages.
House Slate at the end of the third century
The known Slates during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Lord Slate, the head of the house.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 29, Davos IV.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The North: The Kings of Winter.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 32, Reek III.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: the North
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 46, A Ghost in Winterfell.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 37, The Prince of Winterfell.