|Coat of arms || Or, ten frogs vert|
|Region || North|
|Overlord || House Stark (AGOT)|
House Bolton (ADWD)
House Marsh is a noble house from the north. Neither their arms nor their words have appeared in the text. According to a semi-canon source they blazon their banners as or, ten frogs vert 4-3-2-1.
A Game of Thrones
Bowen Marsh is the Lord Steward of the Night's Watch.
A Storm of Swords
Lord Commander Jeor Mormont names Bowen as castellan of Castle Black when he leads the great ranging in search of Benjen Stark and Mance Rayder.
Bowen names Ser Wynton Stout as castellan when he leaves to investigate wildling incursions. Bowen wins the fight at the Bridge of Skulls at heavy cost of life to the Night's Watch. He is severely injured in the battle.
With Jeor having been killed in the mutiny at Craster's Keep, Bowen puts his name forth during the choosing of the new Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. He withdraws his name after receiving few votes and throws his support behind Lord Janos Slynt. Jon Snow is ultimately chosen instead.
A Dance with Dragons
Bowen stabs Lord Commander Snow during the mutiny at Castle Black.
House Marsh at the end of the third century
The known Marshes during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
References and Notes
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: the North
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 21, Tyrion III.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 41, Jon V.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 48, Jon VI.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 69, Jon IX.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 75, Samwell IV.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 78, Samwell V.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 69, Jon XIII.