From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
|Coat of arms||Or, ten frogs vert|
The Marsh House at the end of the third century
The known Marshes during the timespan of the events described on A Song of Ice and Fire are:
References in the books
A Song of Ice and Fire
- Bowen Marsh is the Lord Steward of the Night's Watch.
- Lord Commander Jeor Mormont named Bowen as castellan of Castle Black when he lead the ranging in search of Benjen Stark and Mance Rayder.
- Bowen named Ser Wynton Stout as castellan when he went off to investigate wildling incursions.
- After the death of Lord Commander Mormont, Bowen was the temporary Lord Commander of the Night's Watch until they could have a choosing.
- Bowen Marsh won the Battle of the Bridge of Skulls at heavy cost of life to the Night's Watch. He was severely injured in the battle.
- During the choosing of the new Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Bowen Marsh put his name forth.
- Bowen withdrew his name from the choosing and threw his support behind Lord Janos Slynt.
References and Notes