|House Stout of Goldgrass|
|Coat of arms||
Chevronny russet and gold|
(Chevronny brunâtre and or)
|Title||Lord of Goldgrass|
|Founded||Before the Andal Invasion|
House Stout of Goldgrass is a petty noble house from the north who have a modest keep near the eastern gate of Barrowton. It is sworn to House Dustin. According to semi-canon sources, they blazon their arms as chevronny russet and gold and their seat is named Goldgrass.
A Storm of Swords
Ser Wynton Stout is among those left behind at Castle Black when Lord Commander Jeor Mormont leads the great ranging beyond the Wall in search of Benjen Stark and Mance Rayder. Bowen Marsh makes Wynton castellan of Castle Black when he leaves to investigate wildling incursions.
A Dance with Dragons
Harwood Stout is a petty lord in Barrowton who hosts a feast for Ramsay Bolton upon his return to the town, as Lady Barbrey Dustin has barred Ramsay from Barrow Hall. Lord Stout travels to Winterfell for the wedding of Ramsay and "Arya Stark", actually Jeyne Poole. Harwood speaks with Hother Umber and Roger Ryswell while at Winterfell.
House Stout at the end of the third century
The known Stouts during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
With unknown relationship to the main branch there are:
- The World of Ice & Fire, The North.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 32, Reek III.
- A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- The Citadel. Heraldry: the North
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 64, Jon VIII.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 48, Jon VI.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 49, Catelyn VI.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 37, The Prince of Winterfell.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 41, The Turncloak.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 51, Theon I.