From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
|Coat of arms || Ten white wolf heads, 4-3-2-1, on grey with a black border.|
|Current Lord || Beth Cassel|
|Region || The North|
|Overlord || House Stark|
House Cassel is a house in the service of the Starks of Winterfell. According to a semi-canon source, they blazon their arms with ten white wolf heads, 4-3-2-1, on grey with a black border.
The Cassel house at the end of the third century
The known Cassels during the timespan of the events described on A Song of Ice and Fire are:
References in the books
A Song of Ice and Fire
- Ser Rodrik was married three times and had daughters only. The only one he has left is Beth.
- Jory Cassel is captain of the guards at Winterfell.
- Martyn Cassel fathered four sons, yet only Jory lived to be a man.
- Jory Cassel took part in the Tourney of the Hand.
- Jory Cassel was slain by Lannister men at arms in King's Landing.
- Jory's body was sent north to be buried next to his grandfather at Winterfell. His father was buried in a cairn at the Tower of Joy.
- Ser Rodrik Cassel accompanied Catelyn Tully south to King's Landing.
- Ser Rodrik Cassel is the master-at-arms at Winterfell.
- Ser Rodrik departs to take care of the Hornwood inheritance after Lady Hornwood was kidnapped.
- Ser Rodrik breaks Dagmer Cleftjaw's shield wall at Torrhen's Square and breaks the siege.
- Theon Greyjoy uses Beth as a hostage to prevent her father from storming Winterfell.
- During the attempt to retake Winterfell, Ser Rodrik was slain by Ramsay Snow.
- Jory was among those who attended the wedding of Eddard Stark and Catelyn Tully. In his attempt to remove the dress from Catelyn, he tore it.
- Beth Cassel is a captive at the Dreadfort.
References and Notes