Art by Amok
|Title||Captain of the guard|
|Born||In 273 AC or before, at Winterfell|
|Died||In 298 AC, at King's Landing|
|Book(s)|| A Game of Thrones (appears)|
A Clash of Kings (mentioned)
A Storm of Swords (mentioned)
A Dance with Dragons (mentioned)
|Played by||Jamie Sives|
|TV series||Season 1|
- See also: Images of Jory Cassel
During Robert's Rebellion, Jory attended the wedding of Eddard Stark and Catelyn Tully at Riverrun. During the bedding ceremony, he ripped her gown in haste. At the end of the war, Jory's father died fighting alongside Eddard at the tower of joy.
Jory has served as Lord Eddard's captain of the guard for more than eight years. Jory once brought Robb Stark, Bran Stark, and Jon Snow into the wolfswood to fish for trout in a rushing stream near Winterfell. Robb and Jon have often hunted in the forest with their father and Jory. The captain has also sparred in Winterfell's yard with Robb, Jon, and Theon Greyjoy.
A Game of Thrones
Jory accompanies Lord Eddard Stark to witness the execution of Gared, a deserter from the Night's Watch. When the party finds direwolves in the snow while returning home, he claims it is an omen that the direwolf had an antler stuck in its throat and that the pups had been born after their mother had died.
Jory accompanies Lord Stark south to King's Landing as his captain of the guard. After the incident at the Trident where Arya Stark's direwolf assaults Prince Joffrey Baratheon, Jory is the first to find Arya, who had fled. He helps Arya chase away Nymeria by throwing stones at her. Jory sends four men to escort the bones of Lady back to Winterfell.
Jory takes part in the Hand's tourney, unhorsing Ser Horas Redwyne and one of the Freys. He loses to Lothor Brune in the tourney only after a judgement by King Robert. As a guard for the Hand of the King, Jory receives a new cloak, heavy grey wool with a white satin border.
Jory accompanies Lord Eddard to a brothel to find one of Robert's bastards, Barra. On the return trip to the Red Keep, he is slain in the streets of King's Landing, by House Lannister guards under orders from Ser Jaime Lannister, to serve as a lesson to Eddard, after Jaime learns of the abduction of his brother, Tyrion Lannister, by Eddard's wife, Catelyn Stark. Ned sends Jory's body to the silent sisters, so they can prepare it for burial at Winterfell besides the grave of his grandfather.
A Clash of Kings
- Eddard Stark and Arya Stark
- Bran Stark to Robb Stark
They killed Jory? Why would anyone kill Jory?
- ↑ See the Jory Cassel calculation.
- ↑ George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Jory Cassel.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 1, Bran I.
- ↑ Cast of Game of Thrones on IMDB
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 35, Eddard IX.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 17, Arya III.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 44, Sansa III.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 29, Sansa II.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 51, Catelyn VII.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 30, Eddard VII.
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 37, Bran V.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 48, Jon VI.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 37, The Prince of Winterfell.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 2, Catelyn I.
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 16, Eddard III.
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 22, Arya II.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 27, Eddard VI.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 39, Eddard X.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 56, Theon V.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 57, Sansa V.