|Coat of arms||
A white knife in a blue pile on white|
(Argent, on a pile azure a knife of the field)
|Seat||In the northern mountains|
House Burley is a noble house from the north. It is one of the northern mountain clans. According to semi-canon sources they blazon their arms with a white knife in a blue pile on white.
Lothor Burley was Lord Commander of the Night's Watch when Queen Alysanne Targaryen visited the north and the Wall in 58 AC.
Billy Burley was the best bowman of the river lord Benjicot Blackwood during the Dance of the Dragons; it is unknown if he was connected with House Burley.
A Storm of Swords
While going to the Twins to attend Lord Edmure Tully's wedding, the Burleys are caught on the wrong side of the Trident. They suffer heavy losses when attacked by Ser Gregor Clegane in the fighting at the fords of the Trident.
Maester Aemon sends a raven to House Burley in a plea for help to defend Castle Black from wildlings.
A Dance with Dragons
King Stannis Baratheon travels to the northern mountains, gaining the mountain clans for his fight by Deepwood Motte and march on Winterfell.
House Burley at the end of the third century
The known Burleys during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- No member has appeared yet.
- Lothor Burley, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch during the reign of King Jaehaerys I Targaryen.
- Billy Burley, a longbowman in service to House Blackwood during the Dance of the Dragons.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: the North
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Fire & Blood, Jaehaerys and Alysanne - Their Triumphs and Tragedies.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Princess and the Queen.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 49, Catelyn VI.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 55, Jon VII.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 17, Jon IV.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 35, Jon VII.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 26, The Wayward Bride.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 42, The King's Prize.