Cape Kraken is a cape which extends into the Sunset Sea. Part of the north, it lies south of Blazewater Bay and west of Flint's Finger and the Flint Cliffs. The Iron Islands are south of the cape, which is named after the sea creature.
Some maesters believe the blood of Cape Kraken's people is closer to that of ironborn than northmen.
In antiquity, children of the forest lived in the primeval woodland which stretched from Cape Kraken to Cape Wrath.
Cape Kraken has long been disputed by the north and the Iron Islands. Theon Stark, King in the North, drove the ironborn from Cape Kraken, but Loron Greyjoy, High King of the Iron Islands, later retook the cape. The sons and grandsons of King Rodrik Stark then battled the ironmen for the region.
A Clash of Kings
The forces of Balon Greyjoy sail past Cape Kraken when they attack the north during the War of the Five Kings. Victarion Greyjoy leads the Iron Fleet around the cape toward the Saltspear for his attack against Moat Cailin.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Map of the North
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The North: The Mountain Clans.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Stormlands: The Coming of the First Men.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The North: The Kings of Winter.
- ↑ The Lands of Ice and Fire, Journeys.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 24, Theon II.