Bay of Seals
The Bay of Seals is a bay in the north that extends from beyond the Wall to the shores that fall under the domain of House Umber. The Night's Watch have a castle astride it, Eastwatch-by-the-Sea. Isles of the bay include Skagos and Skane.
In the Feast of Skane, stoneborn from Skagos raided Skane, allegedly rendering the isle uninhabited. Brandon IX Stark, King in the North, stopped Skagosi from raiding the mainland by destroying their ships and denying them the sea.
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
A Dance with Dragons
A savage storm rages on the Bay of Seals.
It was cold when the wind was blowing, but there was something bracing about the salt smell in the air.—thoughts of Samwell Tarly
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 16, Bran II.
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Bay of Seals.
- A Dance with Dragons, Map of the North
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 15, Samwell II.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 30, Jon IV.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 73, Jon X.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 17, Jon IV.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The North: The Stoneborn of Skagos.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 54, Davos V.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 75, Samwell IV.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 9, Davos I.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 49, Jon X.